Saturday, May 13, 2006

May 13, 2006

Hi, everybody. Ya know how awful you feel when you totally screw up? Well, I did. I had a very busy day with a breakfast meeting, a writer’s meeting, and my radio show, but I’d scheduled to meet a friend after the show at the Museum of Modern Art. I didn’t look at my day planner this morning and the meeting with my friend was totally off my radar. I did the other things and left the show with the idea of meeting my husband and his daughter Sian in Central Park. The train I’d intended to take wasn’t running, so I came home instead, looked at my planner, and now know that I am way overscheduled and overwhelmed. Hiring an assistant has become my top priority. I met two lovely women who applied for the position and I’ll meet one more on Monday. After that, I have to make a choice. It won’t be easy since all of them, and so many others I corresponded with, have such a lot to offer, but I need to get someone started sooner rather than later. “God is showing you something,” the mentor I called this afternoon reminded me. I think what He’s trying to show me is: You need help NOW.

I’m doing something fun you may be interested in: recording a downloadable audio of Fit from Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life. I did the first chunk of reading on Thursday and will finish up two afternoons/evenings this week. When everything is ready, it will be offered through a company called http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/. For the first thirty days it’s available, it will be free---no kidding. I’ll let you know when it’s out.

And my friend and colleague Gail McMeeken, MSW, has a wonderful e-book hot off the cyber-presses. It’s called Boost Your Creativity, Productivity, and Profits in 21 Steps. Find out more at http://www.creativesuccess.com/. (Gail is the author of 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women, one of my favorite books.)

I hope all of you who are mothers will have (or did have) a beautiful Mother’s Day. I’ll spend the day with Adair---church, lunch, dog-walking, Macy’s---and we’ll meet up with Sian, who’ll be in a makeup seminar at MAC all day, and William for dinner at my favorite restaurant, Caravan of Dreams. ‘Nice name, isn’t it?

All the best,
Victoria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

citibankvisa cardpypal

Three inmates of parliament typically does way at its brussels mortar.